Saturday, October 22, 2011

Thali! -> All things you want in one Plate.....:-)

Around the time when I was in middle school my family and my Aunt's family planned for a 1-day trip to a place close to Bangalore. And like all other trips this was a visit to a Temple. We were getting back from there late in the evening and my mom came up with the idea of visiting my grand mom's hometown on the way and slowly a mega plan was made on what places we should be visiting travelling back. The cab driver was upset ( too sad he cant get back home early on a weekend) and said why do you all want to add such small destinations when the main destination is covered! I said "Uncle, for lunch rice and sambar are the main course, that does not mean we would not want the appetizers, the desserts and ...." and the whole car exploded laughing.

I narrated this story since I was reminded about this episode recently when I was conversing with someone. It was about LIFE & CAREER! Yeah, we all know many of us might not get what we want in life and many of us might not get what we want in career though we deserve something more (trying to rationalize ;-) )!. Also just because our life or career goals (Main course ) are met should we stop pursuing the other ( appetizers, desserts)?? Well some people who keeping pursuing for better opportunities and advancements are called "Cunning" and some who are content and happy with what they have are called "Slackers"...but who are we to decide when our priorities are different from those we are trying to judge ?

Will we all be able to get all things we want in one life (Thali) ? Or do we keep cribbing, comparing, blaming and rationalizing for the BADS and think we rightly deserved the GOODS? For those who think like that,  remember Life is fair or unfair to all ;-), not unfair to only ME nor to U!


P.S - The reason for this blog been so "complicated"  if you think so is because I just took a 3 hours financial analysis quiz...Like the quiz I started off the blog with some idea and ending it with another idea.....and it so happens Finance is my fav subject ;-)

No comments: