Saturday, March 24, 2012

Uagdi 1992............Ugadi 2012!

My grandma holding my hand and walking me towards the temple opposite to our house...making sure I don't open my eyes until I see God's idol on the first day of new year.....Grandpa not eating until he has fed one poor fellow on the first day of new year...wearing new clothes and trying not to cry on the first day of new year...eating neem leaves and jaggery on the first day of new year (so the year is balanced with happiness and sadness)...Well that was in 1992....

Eating muffin with honey as breakfast..calling home to wish them "Happy New Year"....no new clothes to wear...invited to a friends place for lunch....visiting temple all dressed up in the evening..having dinner at the temple and a zillion things running in the head which makes you forget that it is New Year....well that is  in 2012.......

Time changes everything...so true.....


UGADI PICS

Missing Home!!!!
Arpitha