Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Oh this is how it works ;-)

On a lighter note...

Many a times I have wondered how people can be double faced, indecisive or have drastically changed over a period of time! To some extent, I found an answer to this last weekend....

My brother and I had been to Livermore to visit a temple. I have seen it umpteen times before but this time the name of the temple caught my attention. It is named as "Shiva-Vishu" temple. Wondering what's so special about the name?!?!....hmmm..let me explain. Long long ago it was said that "Shivas" sect and "Vishnavas" sect in India didn't get along well and they both have had their firm beliefs and ideologies that they don't want to compromise on. However, as time has passed somehow the devotees of these two Gods have "changed" a bit and now we get to see so many temples where both the Gods idols are present. Once upon a time, people used to destroy the other Gods temple!!!!

Well, when Gods and their devotees can co-exists and change over a period of time why can't the rest of us ? Do we need to always categorize them as double faced fickle minded people ?? I don't think so....

Will try to let go off the bitterness in me against  people who have changed and  hopefully not feel guilty for being a changed person myself...


:-)

No comments: