Monday, August 9, 2010

A walk by the RiverSide















It was Sunday, 8th of August 2010. I was pretty much exhausted with the whole weeks running around for getting stuffs done, shopping and trying to read the campus map and finding the address of the buildings. So, I thought of going for a walk, early in the morning to LSU lake.

But due to :
1. HOT and HUMID weather here, even 5:00 AM in the morning is not a feasible time to take a walk around.
2. Two guys who were accompanying us Karthik ( A Bangalorean; pursuing his PhD in Math ) and Abhishek ( A Delhite; pursing his MS in Electricals) had already visited the Lake last evening.

We decided to explore the RiverSide, close to our apartment. We left our apartment by around 6:00 PM, the guys as usual carried nothing with them. Trina, Priyanka and myslef had a small handbag. As expected, I carried an umbrella, water bottle, sunglasses , camera and few dollars along with me.

After about 20 minutes walk, and all of us sweating like a donkey, we reached a lane called the RiverSide, it is an elevated road and acts as barrier between the river and the main road. People can walk or cycle in there. To our disappointment, we cannot go any closer to the river unlike in INDIA. If I am right and spelling it correct its the MISSISSIPPI river tributaries I guess. Adamant as I was, I convinced all of them to walk a little further to see I we can get any closer to the river. After another 30 odd minutes walk, we probably got 10 feet closer to it. What a disappointment!!!! :-(. It was almost 7:20 PM and was getting dark, so we thought we would come again next time probably once we get our bicycles and decided to head back home.

We gals took a couple of snaps and the guys conveniently emptied my water bottle :-(, after making fun of our handbags and the umbrella they really did not deserve a drop of water though ;-). Anyways, Priyanka and I walked briskly as she had to go to a different place and it was becoming dark. We reached home by 8:00 PM, and Trina hydrated me with a cup of cold coffee. :-D

It was a tiring experience, but helped me relax and get a good nights sleep so I can gear up for my new adventures in the coming weeks.

Hope someday my dream of touching the water of this river comes true!!!

No comments: